Mat Fraser – Crossfit Champion
I ran across Mat Fraser in a YouTube video and was impressed with his level of fitness for a relatively small man. At 5’7″ he’s my size, so right away I relate to him and hope I can learn a bit from him.
Here are some notes from the video below.
- He doesn’t follow any one type of diet.
- He doesn’t eat out much.
- He eats food from the outside of the grocery – meats, vegs, fruit,
Usually nothing from a package.
- He eats white rice with almost every meal.
- “You can’t out train a bad diet.”
- He doesn’t take multi-vitamins
- He takes whey protein, Extend BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids), and CBD,
- CBD in morning – Beam Clarity and at night Beam Dream
- C4 pre-workout – has caffeine and beta-alanine
- Lots of sleep. Turn off all electronics. Sleepy time tea.
- I have also seen him use Ice Water baths – questionable?
- Interesting he did not mention any anti-inflammatory drugs.