WFPB – Whole Foods Plant Based
9 Month Report
- Numbers moving in the right direction – cholesterol 102, blood sugar normal.
- Feeling better – exercising 1 hr/day
- Lost 28 pounds
- Right foot more feeling
- Hands aren’t cold
- Reflux and stomach is better
Where’s the Protein Song
(Sung to……Take Me Out to the Ball Game)
Where are you getting your protein?
Are you getting enough?
I say Beans and Lentils and Whole Grains
Tofu and Soy they’re so good for the brain.
And there’s Oats and Nuts and Seeds
potatoes, broccoli, and rice.
Whole Foods Plant Based is my best advice.
18 g – Peanut butter sandwich
Beans -Heirloom Beans
You can buy heirloom beans at Rancho Gordo – also……Walmart has Mayocoba beans for $2.26/pound
Movies to Watch
- The Games Changers – Netflix
- What the Health – Netflix
- Forks Over Knives – YouTube.
- Seaspiracy – Netflix
St. Louis Restaurants
- BBQ – Smokee Mo’s – closed Mon. I had Nachos and BLT – I was not impressed. I won’t go back.
- Bombay Food Junkies – https://www.bombayfoodjunkies.com/ – 12955 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63141- Mainly fried food, but tasty. Check out the four sauces.
- CC’s Vegan Spot, 4993 Loughborough Ave., St. Louis, 314-899-9400, ccsveganspot.com
- City Foundry – Has a couple of places with bowls that I could try, Kalbi Taco Shack I was not impressed with their jackfruit or tofu tacos – their salsa for chips was tasty.
- Crazy Bowls and Wraps 10758 Sunset Hills Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63127 – not too crazy about this spot.
- DDMau – Webster Groves – they have some tasty options. https://ddmaustl.com/
- Favazzas – the Hill – good Vegan pasta palmadero plus Sicilian salad.
- Fiddlehead Fern – near Mobot
- Fridas – Caryn likes this place. Clayton
- Greek Kitchen – Kirkwood – arrive by 5pm – get reservation, Dancers on Sat. night Falafel is good.
- Love n Light Cuisine – https://www.facebook.com/LOVENLIGHTCUISINE/ cafe doesn’t seem to be open.
- Mai Lee – https://www.maileestl.com/menu – Vietnamese – has some soy meals.
- Mission Taco Joint – Kirkwood….tasty tacos, gucamole is ok, fries are good, vegan buttito is good, salad not good. You can also get black bean without cheese.
- PF Changs 1295 Chesterfield Pkwy E, Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Pizza Head – https://www.pizzahead.com – I don’t see any GF crust. Lots of vegan options. South Grand
- Plant Craft kitchen – 3860 S. Lindbergh Blvd – https://www.plantcraftkitchen.com/ over by Vantage Credit Union. Order online and pickup – no inside eating.
- Seedz Cafe – https://www.facebook.com/SeedzCafe/ – near Forest Park https://seedzcafe.chttps://seedzcafe.com/om/
- Seoul Taco – many locations – coming to Crestwood Schnucks – has tofu options.
- Small Batch – https://www.smallbatchstl.com/ ….3001 LOCUST STREETST. LOUIS, MO, 63103
- https://www.station3stl.com/ – try this out – near Cherokee.
- Sweet Art – https://sweetartstl.com/eats bakery – sweets
- Terror Tacos – https://www.terrortacos.com/ Grand
- Tree House 3177 South Grand Blvd.63118
- Physicians Committee – YouTube
- Gaz Oakley – https://www.youtube.com/c/avantgardevegan
- Mic the Vegan – https://www.youtube.com/c/MictheVegan
- Nutrition Facts – https://www.youtube.com/c/NutritionfactsOrgMD
- Rainbow Plant Life – https://www.youtube.com/c/RainbowPlantLife
- Simnett Nutrition – https://www.youtube.com/c/Simnettnutrition
- The Brain Docs – https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBrainDocs
- Twitter – @chuckcarrollwlc – part of the Physicians Committee
Cinammon, frozen berries, banana, dates-2, ground flax, ginger, frozen kale, soy milk,
- Baked Potato with toppings
- Chili on top of rice
- Hamburger and fries
- B – alzheimers
- C – Parkinsons Disease – 1,
- C – early dementia
- D – t, r, b,r
- D – dementia, strokes, bypass, colon cancer
- M – Diabetes
- P – Rheumatoid arthritis
- 1 gram protein/kg/day.
- I would need a minimum of 75 grams protein/day. 1 kg = 2.2 pounds.
- Protein Database
- Tofu – 4 oz – 12 g
- Beans/Hummus- 1/2 cp – 8 to 10 g
- Peanuts – 1/4 cp – 9 g
- Pnut butter 2 T – 7 g
- Soy Milk – 8oz – 7 g
- Peas – 4 g
- Bread – 1 slice – 3 g
- Rice – 1/2 cup – 2 g
TVP – Soy Based Product which makes a ground beef type of base for spaghetti, tacos etc.
Below is the recipe that Gerry used.