It seems like one of the new frontiers in human biology is the role of the 100 trillion microbial cells that we all have in and on us. Microbes outnumber our human cells ten to one. How do they affect us and our biology?
Below is a good basic video which explains the concepts.
More Links and Resources
Dr. Mercola recommends:
- NO sugar or artificial sweetner
- Stay away from commercial yogurt and kefir.
- Un-pasteurized Sauerkraut, olives, pickles,
- Don’t drink chlorinated water !
- Don’t use anti-bacterial soap.
- Buy organic food.
- Take probiotics – Take them on an empty stomach – 20 minutes before a meal – don’t get enteric coated pills –
I don’t know if the below video has any validity, but it should be an interesting theory.