January 1st Chores
I have some regular chores that I check-off at the beginning of the year.
- Throw away old clothes. Look for clothes which haven’t been worn all year and give them to a charity. I take this tip from Oprah who suggested turning all your hangers to face the back at the beginning of the year. If they haven’t been turned around by the end of the year, then you know you haven’t worn them all year.
- Backup your computer. Hopefully, you do this on a regular basis, but just in case you haven’t, now is a good time.
- Copy your wallet. Take out everything from your wallet and scan it and make a physical copy just in case you lose a credit card or your whole wallet. Also copy your passport if you haven’t already.
- Adjust your budget. At the beginning of each year I look at my budget and see what items need to be adjusted. There’s a good chance your cable bill and phone bill have gone up. What are ways you can reduce your bills?
- Go though your emergency supplies. See what needs to be added/updated/thrown-out.
- Goals for the coming year? Think about new goals for the year and what you need to do to reach them.
If you have any other beginning of the year tips, please share them.