Ernestine Shepherd – 78 Year Old Body Builder
I found Ernestine Shepherd recently online and found her very inspiring – we all need a little inspiration every day or so. Here is a video which shows her philosophy and regime. There is no way I could do what she does, but I have tried to improve.
– Wakes up at 2:30 am
– Eats 10- egg whites scrambled, 16 oz of water and a small handful of walnuts.
– Sings a motivational song.
– Usually does a 10 mile run.
– Go to the gym and works out for 1 hr 45 min and later leads a 1 hour fitness class.
– She drinks four bottles of liquid egg whites a day.(looks to be about a quart each.)
– “Age is Nothing, but a Number.”
– Her Creed – which she repeats every day.
Note – this is a takeoff of the Optimist Creed
I promise myself to be strong, that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet.
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
To think only the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiast about the success of others as I am about my own
To forget the mistakes of the past. and to press on to the greater achievements of the future.
And this I try to do every day, to wear a cheerful expression at all times.
And to give a smile to every living creature that I meet.
To give so much time to improving myself that I don’t have time to criticize others.
To be too large to worry, to noble to anger, to strong for fear
And to happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of myself, and to proclaim this fact to the world.
Not in loud words, but in great deeds.
To live in the faith, that the whole world is on my side,
So long as I am true to the best that is in me.
– Her Mantra which she lives by –
Determined, Dedicated, Disciplined, to be fit.
– Started exercising at the age of 56.
– Trainer is Yohnnie Shambourger
– Exercise Class she teaches –