Dr. Perlmutter Recommendations
While there are many people to follow who give health recommendations, Dr. Permutter is one who seems to make sense to me. I’m using this page to keep track of his recommendations.
Note – here are some changes, my wife has noted using this program
- MUCH better sleeping at night.
- Better digestion
- Lower blood sugar
- Small weight loss
- Energy levels are low – I’m hoping this goes away with time
Here are my notes.
- Better energy levels during the day – fewer ups and downs.
- Better thinking/mind activities – my brain seems to be clearer and full of ideas.
- Lower blood sugar levels.
- Lost about 5 pounds
- Digestion – does not seem to help.
DHA: 1,000mg/day.(this is equal to four of the fish oil tablets I am taking.) Link-1,
Resveratrol: 100mg twice daily.
Turmeric: 350 mg twice daily.
Probiotics: 10 billion active cultures from at least ten different strains, including lactobaccilus acidophilus and bifidobacterium.
Coconut Oil: 1-2 tablespoons of an organic variety daily.
Alpha-lipoic Acid: 600 mg/day.
Vitamin D: start with 5,000 units of Vitamin D3 daily, get tested after three months, and adjust accordingly.
- Alzheimers disease and prevention.
- Avocados – good to eat.
- Vegetables to eat – above ground are best.
- Eggs are good choice, but suggests free range chicken eggs are best.
- Aerobic Exercise good for brain health and memory.
- Protein – 80 grams per day. Grass fed beef is best.
- Certain fats are good – butter, olive oil, coconut oil.
Set aside a few hours on Saturday or Sunday and use that time to cook all your meals and snacks for the week. Grill seven chicken breasts, hard-boil 12 eggs, sauté a few servings of vegetables.
- Beef – grass fed
- Hummus + veg’s for dip