Persistent Cough Remedy?
Since I’ve got a cough which is keeping me up at night, I thought I’d go through some of the remedies that may or may not work.
- Cough drops – they work for me, but are a temporary fix.
- Honey – might help. I’m trying 1 Tab honey in hot water.
- Steamy hot showers and humidifiers. This seems like a short-term fix.
- Water – stay hydrated – especially in winter.
- Decongestant – I don’t need this.
- Cheratussin AC – prescription drug which does work, but I only use this when everything else doesn’t work.
My best results seems to be coming from a honey in hot water. I think that the hydrating qualities of water and the soothing qualities of honey seems to help a lot. I’ve got a feeling that my throat gets dehydrated and sensitive. I have to drink a lot, but I did sleep well last night.