How to Lubricate Your Garage Door
These are notes from the video below.
- Use Lithium grease spray – NOT WD40 or oil.
- Release the door from the mechanism so you can move the track up and down manuall.
- Spray all moving parts on the door itself.
- Spray ball bearings in door rollers – use straw on can.
- Spray pulley ball bearings – use straw on can.
- You can spray the top of the rail where the metal moves back and forth.
- Spray the torsion spring.
- You don’t need to spray the chains.
- You don’t need to spray the track, but you can clean the track with WD40.