Kevin O’Leary Investment Advice
I was reading Kevin O’Leary’s book, “Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women & Money, and I like it so much I thought I’d share a few of his thoughts.
- Diversify – 5% in any one stock or bond and 20% in any one industry.
- Dividends – only buy stock and bonds that either give a dividend or interest.
- Invest in industries you understand.
- Buy and hold.
- Establish your own credit line.
- Make a budget and set aside savings every month.
- Pay off consumer debt first and then start investing.
- Invest your age in bonds. If you are 40 years old, have 40% of your investments in bonds.
- He also has good money advice for kids, marriage etc.