Blood Sugar – Diabetes – Glycemic Index
I’m not only working on reducing my weight, but also my blood sugar level. Here are notes on things I have learned.
- There is also a term called “insulinemic index” which is the body’s insulin response to a food. While in some cases it is similar, in other cases it can be different. Here is wikipedias definition.
- Milk products and even yogurt appear to be insulinotropic – raise insulin levels.
- Here’s a good report on GL and II.
- Test your blood sugar before and after a meal to determine it’s effect.
- Slow your stomachs emptying by – no liquids, 2 t vinegar, 1/t cinnamon, increased fat content.