Charity Game Show Night
Tom and Gerry’s terrific friends divided into two teams – The Orange Navels and the Mean Green Fighting Machine in a Charity Game Show Battle. While the Orange Navels won the tie-breaking question, the real winner was Habitat for Humanity. Friends raised $700.00 for the charity and everyone had a great time in the process.
With the help of Bev, I created a Game Show in Power Point that is easy to use and worked well. If anyone wants a copy for a charity event, I’d be glad to share it with you.
Here are some more details.
– As people come in, I divide them into two groups – Orange or Green.
– The team captain is assigned ahead of time – you want someone who is a bit of an extrovert and who can take charge.
– We played for almost two hours. I’d recommend three possible rounds. The first team to 300 points wins the first round. The same with the second round. If you need a 3rd round, just have a tie-breaker question.
– We are very lenient on answers.
– Green and Orange Balloons worked well.
– Have the teams come up with a name, a poster board with the name, a cheer and a charity.
– In the two hours we got through seventeen questions.
– A microphone does help.
– You need a scorer with a flip chart.
– Go over the rules slowly – especially about ringing the bell and the question.
– Here’s our time line:
6:00 – Doors Open
6:45 – Dinner
8:15 – Game Show Starts
10:30 – Game Ends